Freyssibar prestressing bars are manufactured using specific industrial processes including heat treatment (quench & tempered) that ensures increased mechanical characteristics. The resulting ductility, tensile and yield strengths are greater than for typical prestressing bars (the bars may be bent 90 degrees at tight radii without fracture).
- Permanent or temporary prestressing;
- Holding down bolts for cranes, wind turbines, etc.;
- Bridge construction systems;
- Ground and rock anchors, rock bolts for geotechnical, mining, tunneling works;
- Heavy lifting;
- Tie rods for marine works.
Freyssibar prestressing bars are available in maximum 14.80 m lengths or may be pre-cut to specific lengths. Threads are provided at the ends with sufficient thread length to accommodate anchorage hardware, anticipated elongation, standard construction tolerances and as may be otherwise specified. Freyssibar prestressing bars can be manufactured to large diameters, up to 95 mm.
Permanent protection of the bars may be provided onsite through the use of flexible filler material (petroleum wax, grease) or by means of bonded filler materials (cement grout, epoxy resin, etc.). The bars can also be provided with a factory applied corrosion protection system:
- Lamellar Zinc coating;
- Epoxy coating;
- Specific paint;
Depending on specific project requirements, other corrosion protection systems may be proposed.
- Higher tensile strength;
- Higher yield strength;
- Consistent mechanical properties throughout the entire cross section;
- Consistent modulus of elasticity for bars, with a tolerance of +/- 5 GPa;
- Enhanced fatigue performance and strength;
- High ductility;
- Guaranteed resilience for cold temperature applications.
Download C III 3 Freyssibar 12P En v09 BD (1).pdf