Incremental launching, sliding and rotation
The deck is built in successive segments on one of the banks of the area to be spanned, then pushed into place either in entire spans or in segments. This type of work has been implemented ever since 1960.
- suppression of formworks and scaffolding;
- reduction and optimization of formworks;
- improved manpower efficiency due to a repetitive cycle;
- quality of fabrication in a casting yard which can be protected from bad weather;
- limited investments in terms of special equipment;
- better exploitation and maintenance of the facility: reduced number of expansion joints
- straight bridges
- curved bridges with a constant radius of curvature
The optimal span length, without need of temporary supports, ranges from 40 to 60 meters.